Want to be a part of the k2o team? Check out our Fashion Jewelry Design Internship!
Founded in 2010 by Karen Ko, k2o by Karen Ko is a fashion forward jewelry brand based in New York City.
k2o by Karen Ko consists of three distinct lines:
• k2o Glam
• k2o Rock
• k2o POP
k2o’s refined glam rock style has been featured in fashion & lifestyle magazines including Zink, Upscale, Ladies Home Journal, and Ouch. In addition, k2o has been spotted on celebrity actresses, singers and models including Dev, Kaylee Defer, Brandy, Bridget Moynahan, Martha Wash, Amber Rose, Jade Cole.
– Responsible for beading and assembling jewelry components into finished designs.
– Work with jewelry design team to help produce orders.
– Assist in quality control and packaging orders.
– Research trends and assemble mood/ concept boards.
– Responsible for sketching ‘on-trend’ jewelry designs for new collections.
– Assist in drafting technical spec sheets.
– Assist in product photoshoots and retouching
*Must be available to work for at least 3 days a week, between 25 to 35 hours a week.
– Currently enrolled in college preferred (or a recent graduate).
– Majored in Jewelry Design or have prior jewelry design internship experience.
– Prior beading, wire wrapping, jewelry assembly experience is required.
– Must love fashion and fashion trends and have demonstrated creativity.
– Must be quick, efficient and able to multi-task.
– Superior attention to detail and excellent organization skills with a sense of priority for deadlines.
– Excellent time management/project skills and able to meet deadlines and any last minute tasks.
– Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator is required.
– Experienced in 3-D modeling, Rhino is a plus.
– Experienced in Mechanical Drafting is a plus.
*Please note that this is an unpaid internship (school credit can be arranged for college candidates).