New York Fashion Week starts today, so if you are one of the lucky ones who snagged an invite, chances are you have already planned out all of your outfits for the shows, parties, and after-parties. Because it’s February and still extremely cold, bundling up is a MUST. Make your outfits stand out by wearing bright colors, statement coats, and don’t forget your signature “It” bag and boots! Don’t leave home without our NYFW must-haves!
Because it’s still too cold to break out the strappy sandals and peep-toes, rock a pair of lux high-heeled boots! Opt for a short bootie or va-va-voom it up with a pair of thigh-high boots. Add some color and detail with zippers or chrome accents.
Don’t even think about stepping into Lincoln Center, or the winter coldness, without a fabulous statement coat! Play with textures, prints, colors and fabrics to make yourself stand out of the crowd and into fashion street style pics. Remember to LAYER to keep yourself warm!
3. Statement Bags
Handbags are an absolute ESSENTIAL when it comes to fashion at NYFW. If you want to stand out, pick a brightly colored or printed bag. Don’t forget to choose a bag that will be able to hold everything you need (see #7)!
Your accessories aren’t the only things that can be bright and printed! Pair lipstick red leggings with killer black boots and a great coat. Don’t play it safe if you want to be noticed. These 7 For All Mankind Brocade leggings will surely catch peoples attention, in a good way of course!
The forecast for this next week is calling for some snow, so scarves are going to be a vital accessory. Our picks will keep you warm while adding pops of color and texture.
Being on our phones, hailing cabs, and just being outside can make our hands freeze! Keep them warm and fashionable with these great leather gloves. Again, don’t be shy with color and make sure to add a little texture with accents like jewels and studs.
7. Fashion Week Survival Kit
Before you head out the door, make sure you have everything you need! Here is our list of what should be part of your NYFW Survival kit:
- Coffee– You’re going to be running on little sleep with these long days and late nights out, so you are definitely going to need a cup of coffee or two…or four.
- Iphone/Laptop/Ipad charger– Taking a lot of pictures with your phone and tweeting/blogging the latest shows with your laptop/Ipad drains batteries pretty quickly, so don’t forget to pack chargers for all your electronics!
- External Battery Packs – For any seasoned fashion week veteran, this is an ESSENTIAL!
- Camera– It’s fashion week. You’re going to take A LOT of pictures.
- Business Cards– Fashion Week is a great opportunity to meet editors, stylists, bloggers, photographers and other fashionistas. Don’t miss a chance to network away!
Happy Fashion Week everyone!
PS: If you need some tips on how to get photographed by street style photographers, check out The Cut’s Guide.